Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Highly Addictive

i got up early this morning, awakened by my husband's very loud opening & closing of drawers as he got ready for work

  i let ben out, and kissed the hubs goodbye as he left for another very long day of kitchen building

i went back to bed but couldn't sleep
  so I slipped Julie & Julia into the DVD player and watched it
 in complete happiness
 for the umpteenth time
  
when it was over, the sun was up

i love this movie ... 
her apartment and the food she prepares with such passion 
in the tiny kitchen
 the friendship she shares with her husband
 the story of triumph over fear
  and of course the ending is every would be writer's dream
 isn't it?

if you love food, writing and cooking, you must see this
  a warning though, it's highly addictive; your first time will probably not be your last


bon app├ętit!

S
xo

12 comments:

It's Just Dottie said...

I love that movie,too.
Smiles, Dottie

Vada said...

I especially love the parts with Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci playing Julia Child and husband! When I saw this movie in the theater, people actually applauded at the end (unusual where I am unless for a Harry Potter or Hobbit movie). I am just sorry that Nora Ephron is no longer around to bring us more of these fabulous movies.

LANA said...

I have always loved Julia Child so when this movie came out I made sure to see it. Would not mind watching it again on DVD.

Kathleen said...

I love Julie and Julia too. And I've watched it more than once. Another favcourite of mine is On Golden Pond. Your header photograph is so very pretty!

flwrjane said...

I have only seen it once, when it first came out.....good idea for a snow day.

xo J

TARYTERRE said...

It was a good movie, indeed. Glad you enjoyed seeing it again.

Teresa Kasner said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm always on the lookout for a good movie. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Julia said...

I adore this movie!

111 LaLa Lane said...

I've never seen this movie before...I'll have to watch it now. Thanks for the recommendation and warning!

Stephen Andrew said...

Oh I love that movie so much! Ah! Now I want to watch it :)

Cache-Mire said...

Your blog is lovely! So nice to have found you. I'll be following! ~Terri

Cindy said...

That is a great movie, isn't it. I watched it last year and enjoyed every moment.
Hugs, Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails